Saturday, July 23, 2011

Some fallacies exposed

I read with great amusement the latest from FGM . The man just cannot concentrate his thoughts and arguments. No wondor he needs some other people to back him up.

Raymond says:
Why would Jimmy go to such lengths as to conjure up so many anonymous sites with so many different names with the express purpose of attacking FGM?

It will be easier for him to accept that all those anonymous sites are just me alone.  I am so sorry I have to disappoint him. Those are real people behind those sites and they really hate you. 



Raymond says:
Why would they need to attack one young boy who has just turned 18yo.

Now, remember he thinks "they" are really "Jimmy Liew". Actually I do not remember anyone least of all me, who is attacking his son. Those "attacks" if we can call it that (though FGM likes calling it that) are on you alone. Do some research.


Raymond says:
Jimmy has said I am a nobody. Yet he spends his free time learning how to do a video.

That video was never about you, same as it is not about Rationality or Chess Ninja or even me. The video was a plug for Malaysian Chess Festival.

BTW, you do not have exclusive rights to the FGM acronym. In my video it stands for Fat Grand Master. Typical FGM egoism at work.

Raymond says:
I got my first clue when Mark was Champion at MSSPK the first time he entered. I was new to chess so I didn't know many things. This was in 2005. Suddenly I noticed that a few people were very angry. I couldn't even get his Champions cert until I finally went to Unit Sukan after chasing around for 6 months. From 2005 till 2009, almost every trick under the sun was thrown at this young boy and still he managed to stay in the Perak team for 5 consecutive years. Finally emerging as U18 Champion in Perak again in 2009. An almost unheard of achievement. In 2010 he made the National squad.

What has this got to do with me?


Raymond says:
To answer your question Jimmy and to ask you a few of my own. We made it to the National squad despite the odds.

What question did I ask??? Again what has this got to do with me?


Raymond says:
Yes I know Marina and family and yes I know the Perak Royal family. We have been friends for many years. And yes I am talking to them now. I have fought our battles and our achievements are our own and we got to where we are without any help. Can you say the same? So you can speculate why I am talking to them only now. Question: Anyway what concern is it of yours when old friends talk to each other? What are you so afraid of that I will say?

This really takes the cake. Raymond thinks that letting us know that he knows this people will change our perception of him.

Who you know and what and when you talk to them is none of my business. What was your point again?

Try to keep up with me. What I said was that you like to bring others into your fight instead of taking your own stand.  Proven time and again. Stop moving the goal posts again. It only serves to reinforce the general opinion that your arguments are unable to stand the light of reason.



Raymond says:
Could it be because a boy from "backward" Perak with a non playing father has got to National number 2 in not only the U18 but the U20 as well? And this boy's father spouts strange mumblings like mental strength, fighting spirit and a even stranger term called competitor analysis.

And this boy didn't get any training from the established technical "wisdoms" in Malaysia apart from a little training from Ziaur Rahman during Asean in 2010. It is now known that this boy has begun new classes with a GM. So I speculate that Jimmy and friends are afraid. Afraid of this one boy from a "nobody" father.



I'm glad to hear he got to No.2 without any training but what has this got to do with the issue at hand? Also what has it got to with what I wrote?



Raymond says:

Incidentally Jimmy, I did not directly equate your actions to Peter's. Surprisingly I surmised that from his non answer to my emails all by myself. Plus also some phone calls to MCF officials to follow up on this case since June. Hate to disappoint you here.

I really have no idea what is the point or logic of this statement. What is he trying to say?



Raymond says:
ps: Another question Jimmy. Why do you need so "many" anonymous bloggers/commentators to defend your stance? 

See my answer to the first statement above .


In closing, someone asked me why I still read his blog. My answer is that I do not read it for its content except thta it is a daily source of amusement for me.I need some humor to keep me going in trying times like this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment