Friday, January 4, 2013

Stories beyond the board - Wrong evaluation

Rarely do I eat my lunch out of the office. I do not like crowds so it is normal to see me packing back lunch to eat in my office. As I head out today, I look around for the destitute man (ref here , here and here) and yes he is sitting at his usual place the bus stop. I always pack something for him too.

Today  I pack two fast food lunches; one for my wife (who works in the same company with me). For the destitute, I  bought some bread; I always try to give something that is easy to eat without any utensils needed. So, left hand holding fast food, right hand holding bread package,  hand it over and move on, the usual drill. But today something I never experienced happened.

When I offer him the food on my right hand, he pointed to my left. Now the fast food is  burger, chips and a soft drink. I could give him that but I did not like the idea  of separating my portion  from my wife's , standing as I was at the road side. I offered the bread to him again.

He pointed to my left hand again and made a drinking movement. Then I realize he wanted the soft drink. Carefully I extract the drink from the plastic bag, handed it over plus the bread and head back to my office.

Over lunch, I reflected over what happened. It is a known fact that a person can survive some time without food but without water he will be dead in a couple of days. Water is more important than food. A realisation hit me. All the time I made a judgement (evaluation?) by looking at his circumstances (food needed) but the truth is he needed something else too (water). And I only understood when he told me so. Sometimes or most times? the truth can only come from the source itself, onlookers or outsiders can never really see the reality.

I can appreciate this better when I relate it to my own experience. As usual, the one-who-I-hate-to-name is writing nonsense about me again. According to him, I am the one posting all the anonymous comments on this blog and everywhere else. Evidence? To him, there is no evidence needed, just make the accusations (police report, MACC report or COS report). Let someone else find the evidence, he says. Then after he repeats a few times, he treats the lies as proven facts.

I say, find out the truth from the source, my comment box is your friend. No lies or deception on my blog.




28 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pity his son.. It's tough to have a father like that.. I have seen many crazy fathers in the local chess scene over the years but none as crazy as him!

Anonymous said...

He is not crazy. He has good intentions. Like Jimmy is say. His evaluation all wrong. Like blind man with loaded rifle shooting wild at anything he see as threat.

Anonymous said...

Don't know about you but a 'blind man with loaded rifle shooting wild at anything he see as threat' sounds to me like a crazy man :-)

Anonymous said...

Well if he is blind, how can he see what he is shooting? Just like if he can't play chess how can he talk about chess subjects.

Probably the argument is his other senses makes up for everything and he is as good as any sighted person to shoot any threat with a loaded rifle.

Still it sounds lame as hell.

Anonymous said...

A lot has been said about unconstitutional banning of chess players. What about unconstitutional non-banning of chess players who cheated at NJ2010? Raymond Siew's son was caught cheating by the arbiter for claiming a win (and hence the title) after losing a crucial game. Yet he was not penalised at all and awarded 2nd place in NJ. Is that fair?

Anonymous said...

Don't talk about cheating in Croatia ( which could not be proven). Talk about cheating in NJ 2010 Malaysia, where Raymond Siew's son was caught red-handed. He was not penalized, and yet the father keep's on telling how other people are cheating. Raymond Siew went on to praise his son for doing so ... how ironic.

Anonymous said...

Talking about fair selection? He engineered the dubious selection criteris while he was in PICa so that the son was selected.

Jimmy Liew said...

Careful now guys. Someone will scream that I am attacking juniors (and his son) again.

Anonymous said...

Come to think about it, Raymond Siew is guilty of many things he says about others, so how to listen to him?

TCB said...

I just wonder could Lee Chong Wei be world number 1 in badminton if he has hired a mind coach and not badminton coach to guide him ?

Anonymous said...

The mind coach in any other sport is a qualified sport psycologist. Lee Chong Wei certainly has seek help from a sports psycologist. But this one with a twisted mind has no qualification. Calling himself mind coach is a misrepresentation.

Anonymous said...

He only has a qualification in prescribing eye glasses. Does that make him qualified to teach chess players think/see better. I wonder.

Anonymous said...

How can someone who was a party to cheating in NJ2010 talk about cheating as if it only occurs with other people. Please do an "Armstrong" and come clean with your own well- known cheating.

Jimmy Liew said...

Armstrong never really admitted guilt to doping until right now in an Oprah interview. Similarly, not only Raymond Siew never apologized for his and his son's infractions but he is quite belligerent about the cheating and blames others for it. Blaming others is the FGM method methinks.

Anonymous said...

When cheating is done where the "law" has not specifically catered for the situation is "not cheating". Where in any tournament or "chess constitution" anywhere says that claiming a win after having lost a game is "not allowed"?

Anonymous said...

Someone is now talking about building bridges when all we see is he burning bridges all year round. The fire he started is burning brighter than all the Indonesian, US and Australian fires put together.

Anonymous said...

Come on people. This obsession with Raymond Siew is just as bad as his obsession with tearing down MCF and Jimmy Liew.

Anonymous said...

It is not an obsession. This " Sharifah of chess " has to be expose like the other Sharifah. He is now accusing Li Tian of game fixing.

Anonymous said...

He has already brought in the "Secretary" of FIDE, whoever that is. Nobody can match RS in the art of match fixing. Irony is he openly and shamelessly admits it.

Anonymous said...

I think MCF must start taking serious action against cheating in chess, beginning with those who admitted their actions publicly. Raymond Siew and his son are first on the list. Then we take action where there is sufficient proof and not only from speculation by Raymond Siew.

Anonymous said...

Mark Siew is a very good player!!!

Anonymous said...

He may one day be the national champion. But his father inadvertently put it on record for all that he cheated and was caught.

Anonymous said...

I think Mark Siew is the best junior in Malaysia right now. Li tian, sumant, yit san and co are all good but Mark is on a different level altogether.

Anonymous said...

Mark is definitely not the best junior in Malaysia. Just look at the nationals to find out who the best really is. And Marks fide rating is not as good as say Li tians or yit sans. It's quite obvious that he's not the best!

Anonymous said...

STOP PICKING ON MARK!!! HE IS AN EXTREMELY TALENTED PLAYER WHO IS THE BEST IN MALAYSIA AS OF NOW!!YIT SAN AND LI TIAN DONT EVEN COME CLOSE TO HIM!!MARK IS THE BEST!!!

Anonymous said...

Who is this Mark? Does he play chess?

Anonymous said...

IS THAT AN INSULT?

Anonymous said...

Sharifah Siew has managed to hype up Mark Siew from an average junior player to a player that is comparable to Li Tian , Sumant etc. what has he achieved?

Post a Comment