Saturday, February 6, 2010

Bullet tactics

I had been playing a lot of bullet (one minute) chess online. In fact it is an addiction which I am trying to rid myself off. With the right partner, I can really go on a bullet binge. It is not uncommon for me to go online in the afternoon and only stop playing the following morning.

Two weeks ago I played over a hundred bullet game against the same opponent on Free Chess Server. At two minutes a pop, that's two hundred minutes of my life down the drain :)

Anyway we reached the following position with me as White. Black has just played 17...f6

In a flash, I saw the next moves. Try spotting the win for white



Now the interesting part is we reached this position a couple of games later.




You can easily see it is almost identical to the first diagram. And ended the same way too :)


Solution: 1. Bxh7+ Nxh7 2. Qf7+ Kh8 3. Ng6 mate

0 comments:

Post a Comment