Friday, October 7, 2011

Truth shall set you free

Raymond Siew likes to quote quotes. Let me also quote a quote he quoted.

"The truth shall set you free"

Two of his favourite lies which he never tire of bringing up every three posting. Firstly, that I pressured Lim Zhuo Ren - "attacked him until he broke down" to write an email to disassociate himself from the likes of Raymond Siew. Secondly, that  I offered LZR a "deal" in the SEA Games selection in return.



The truth is I hardly knew LZR at that time. I first met him when we played a game in the 2010 Selangor Open. I also did not find out until later that he is a long-time student of Mok Tze Meng. Mok is an old friend but he did not mention it to me. I only realized this when after winning the National Championship this year, Mok asked me to take a picture of him with LZR and his trophy. It was clear from their behaviour that they had a master-student relationship going back many years.

So I was rather surprised to receive a Facebook message from LZR in April. You can see it below. All screen-captures, so no one can accuse me of manipulation.



 This is the email sent to my Yahoo mail that he wanted me to publish.







And just to spice it up, one more FB message from LZR concerning the "SEA Game selection deal". Note that LZR said there is no such deal ( highlighted in red).







Note: No matter what he says or what I say, the truth cannot be changed. This is not to refute Raymond's lies and "attack" him. Since I know how big his ego is, let me put on record - this is not written to convince him. It is to present the Truth and for readers who might take his words at face value and start believing his lies. I am sure it is a very small number of readers  but nevertheless worth the effort.

"what a tangled web we weave, when first we practise to deceive" !

Final note: The email was published here , April 17th on the same day , cut and paste direct from his email.

9 comments:

The Chess Ninja said...

Wow... Jimmy, you REALLY need to clear your inbox. You have over 10,000 unread emails. Hahahaha...

Jimmy Liew said...

I use that email to catch all the unwanted emails sent to me :)

Lim said...

Hey Jimmy, can't say I appreciate u putting up our fb conversations in public but I can see your reasons. Wish u could ve at least asked me first but I would probably have said ok anyway. Anyway, I also wish for all this speculation and claims without any grounds to be put to bed or at the very least be proved to be untrue beyond any reasonable Doubt. Therefore, I shall say that everything about the never was deal, the email, fb, etc jimmy has said or typed is true. I have also said this many times: no one attacked me. Let me rephrase that,neither jimmy nor any other chess player attacked me or forced me to do anything. I hope I make myself clear. One more thg, to the people who want to speculate or make up stories that I was forced to write this comment, please think how would I be attacked when I'm halfway across the world from Malaysia. Ps: I wanna say sth about Sumant. He has told me that he has nth to do with fgm in terms of being his student and he has expressed his anger to me abt what is being written abt him somewhere by using some profanities esp after speculation about him being attacked to apologise and all which are entirely untrue. Unlike I, Sumant jz can't be bothered to say anything now. This happened 4-5 months ago and ppl r Still talking abt it. I have waited four months for all this to end. But it hasn't and I'm gonna pour everything out here in hope of ending this. If there is more speculation abt Sumant, I think he may do the same soon. Btw, Sumant told me he wasn't ur student BEFORE SEA GAMES SELECTION. Pls note the word before, meaning some time around April-may. He was jz too nice to not say it in public til aft datmo. Sumant n I talk alot abt this and we r sick n tired of it. So I think it's fair to say I know more abt both sides of the story than u. sorry that this comment is long but I think its Appropriate not jz for supporting reasons for this post but also I'm the main subject

Tonberry said...

so, now Raymond Siew got checkmated?

Jimmy Liew said...

LZR, I did not think you mind. Fact that I only bring it up so many months after our fb conversation means i normally do not make public private conversations.

As everyone can see, I am being attacked almost daily with these lies. It really is getting out of hand.

But you are right, I should have asked you first. It did not occur to me. I'm sorry about that.

Ilham said...

LZR,
There is this English word called 'paragraph'...

All this episode reminds me of 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis...there is a lot exchanging of words, accusations, counter accusation between young JFK and Kruschev...then suddenly Adlai Stevenson produced pictured evidence about the missile in Cuba...world stood still as this giants fight it out, almost lead to a nuclear war...

Both parties claimed victory but it doesn't matter who win...what matter is there is no casualty and 'peace' is somewhat restored after that...

The Chess Ninja said...

Ilhamuddin is always the man to look for when you want a simple example to depict an on-going event. It simply puts things into perspective. I am reminded of this:

http://2010chessodyssey.blogspot.com/2011/02/world.html

Lim said...

It's ok jimmy. 4 months is a long time to stay quiet and do almost nth.

Ilham: I will keep that in mind. The last time I wrote an English essay was 2 yrs ago so forgive me if my essay skills seem a little bit off. Out of practice not like u chess bloggers. Nice story btw.

Hopefully everything will be quiet now. Won't be commenting anymore. See you all hopefully in dec. Cheers. I hear this word everyday btw

Anonymous said...

I agree with zhuo ren.We should just forget about people with raymond. "Hating people is like burning down your own house to get rid of a rat." -Harry Emerson Fosdick
He is definately not worth our morality and sanity.
If he wants to go down his own dark path just let him.

Post a Comment