Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Chesseminar

In my work, I am involved in web seminars both as participant and presenter. A web seminar is basically a seminar but conducted on-line. Participants can be geographically spread out over the globe. The old way of flying in people to one location for a meeting or seminar with all its attendant costs are a thing of the past. The only requirement is a good internet connection and web sharing software. For hardware, you need a set of headphones and optionally a microphone.

Playchess and ICC are some of the chess sites that have been using web sharing to do chess broadcasts during important tournaments.For some time now, I have been toying with the idea of conducting  my own chess seminar at DATCC for example. However this will only benefit those who are staying within the Klang Valley. In order to benefit chess players and lovers throughout Malaysia, the only way is to do this through the web.

Now I have finally found the various tools and software to make this possible. I am planning to start my first Chesseminar . This will most likely be scheduled for a Saturday night. Please take the poll below to help me guage the response before I decide to go ahead.

This first seminar is absolutely FREE and is a way for me to give back to the chess community.

If you want to understand more on web sharing, go to www.anymeeting.com. Thanks for taking the poll.


0 comments:

Post a Comment