Tuesday, September 1, 2009

KL Open 2009

After last week's Malaysian Open/Ambank Open followed by Astro Merdeka Team tournament, we now have yet another major open. Starting on Friday 4th September will be the 2nd KL Open. There is an impressive starting list as most of the players from the previous tournaments seems to be staying back for the tournament.

We have grandmasters like Nguyen Ngoc Truong Son and Nguyen Anh Dung from Vietnam, Dzhumaev Marat and Iuldachev Saidali of Ubezkistan , Indonesia's grandmaster Megaranto Susanto who all competed in the Malaysian Open.

However, I do not see many Malaysian players in the registered list. The reason this is so for some local players like myself is quite practical. I just cannot afford to take another week off for chess. Already a huge pile of work was waiting for me when I got back to the office today.

The tournament venue is at Shah’s Village Hotel in Petaling Jaya. This is quite accessible to me and I will pop in over the week-end to spectate.

0 comments:

Post a Comment